Skip to Main Content
Zotero allows you to collect and organize all of your references and quickly add in-text citations to your word processor (Google Docs or Microsoft Word) documents. You can also drag and drop your references into any word processor, an email message, a Google doc, or a blog post to automatically create bibliographies on the fly.
1. Find the Zotero Plug-In. Zotero automatically places a custom toolbar to your word processor upon first install.
2. Select Add/Edit Citation.
3. Choose the bibliographic citation style you would like to use
4. Type in the item's title or its author from your library that you would like to cite and press enter. Click on the citation to add the page number, press enter.
5. Zotero will insert the in-text citation according to the citation style you have designated of the items you've selected and their respective page numbers will be appear in the context of your document, as seen below.