a) Consult existing literature reviews related to your topic.
- Search "literature review" as a keyword anywhere.
- This could help shape your topic.
- You might find studies relevant to your topic.
b) Note classic and landmark studies.
- Certain names may be mentioned over and over as influential authorities.
- Look for articles that have been cited the most times.
- Search for articles that mention classic works. Use keyword terms for your topic plus “classic” or “landmark" in the body of the article.