Setting up the Turnitin App for iPad
To set up the Turnitin App you will need an iPad, a computer, and a Turnitin assignment in your class that has an assignment submitted.
You will need to complete these steps one time per class. If you include both Turnitin & Turnitin/Mahara assignments, you will need to complete these steps one time per assignment type for each class.
- On your iPad, go to the Apple Store and download the Turnitin App.
- When the app has finished installing, tap on it to open
- You will be asked a series of questions
- “Which Turnitin service do you use?” – Select Turnitin
- “How do you usually access Turnitin?” – Select Integrated LMS
- Hit Continue
- On a computer, go to your course in Moodle.
- Click the name of a Turnitin Assignment that has student work submitted
- From the Submission Inbox, click the tiny pencil to the right of the grade to access Feedback Studio
- On the right-hand menu in Feedback Studio click the "Information" button:
- Click "Generate code:"
- Go back to your iPad, and type the code in under “Add a class” and hit Add (it is not case sensitive, and you do not need the spaces). Note: these are one time use, unique codes. If you need to share one with another user, you will need to generate a 2nd, different code.
- You will be prompted to add a passcode for security
- To add more courses, tap the Profile icon in the top right corner:
- Repeat the process until all your courses have been added to the app!